Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fast Sunday...

Today was Fast Sunday and that means in Sacrament Meeting we have testimonies meeting, I enjoy listening to everyone share their testimonies, usually I am not one to get up and share mine but I couldn't push away that feeling inside me. I decided that I would try to get Nathaniel to go up and share his testimony, I said "Nathaniel if you go up I will go up?" He replied "No way mom I can't do that!" So I decided that I wouldn't either, and just sat there and continued to listen, but as time grew nearer to being over, once again the spirit whispered get up and share your testimony, I again asked Nathaniel if he would like to go up with me, and again he replied "no thanks." The spirit was so strong, I picked myself up and went up to share my testimony. I sat and waited my turn, to my surprise, Nathaniel walked up a couple minutes later and sat by me. He leaned over and whispered into my ear, "Mom the spirit kept bugging me and it wouldn't leave me alone, so I finally decided I better get up and share my testimony!" I couldn't help but start to cry, how sweet that he listened to that feeling, I love Nathaniel so very much, I am very proud of him. My prayer is that we can all listen to the spirit when it whispers to us, and act on that feeling.

0 comments: