Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Scooter, bikes, and lawn mowing...

Nathaniel is nine and old enough to want to mow the lawn. Tuesday night
he surprised by mowing the lawn, (with dads supervision)
I came home from some meetings, and he was nearly done. Thanks Nathaniel I love you....


Caleb enjoys being outside running, jumping, scootering, or just anything
that doesn't include sitting down.... Ever since he turned one he has loved
to ride the scooter. These photos and video show him riding a beginners scooter, (it has
three wheels instead of two)
but he is usually riding Nathaniel's big scooter everywhere. I hate to say it but he
rides Nathaniel's scooter better than Nathaniel sometimes. My batteries on my
camera stopped working, just as Caleb decided to go to the top of the driveway and yelled "look mom!!" I was too far away to stop him. All I could do was think crap!! Let me explain our driveway is very very steep, and I have seen more than a few small children try
to fly down it on a bike or scooter and not succeed. They end up with a bloody lip or scrapped up hands and knees.
We have tried to explain to Caleb that he shouldn't ride the scooter down the driveway. Tonight he was a sight to see, he proceeded to ride down the driveway screaming "weeeeeeeeee" just as he is about to dart out into the rode, he turns the scooter on to the sidewalk, looks up at me, smiles and says "Again, Again" so proudly!!! My mouth dropped open with relief and amazement!! Two years old and not an ounce of fear!! Oh boy!!






1 comments:

Melissa said...

I have been meaning to leave a comment for the past few days and something always comes up. But I love the look back at Halloween! Those were cute pictures!

Austin, my oldest @ 10 yr., loves to help mow the lawn. Of course with moms supervision!

Are your parents still in town? It was fun seeing a picture of your mom.

Have a GREAT day!